Founder of Reading in Colour: The Colour-Coded Reading and Writing System
U-Turn the Alphabetic Principle
The presentation addresses essential elements that force the U-Turn on the complex nature of the alphabetic principle and unplugs:
1. the formula that simplifies the complex nature of the alphabetic principle
2. the science related to pronouncing words correctly with proficiency, efficiency and accuracy.
3. the mathematics and science on how the rate of learning is accelerated as a result
The presentation will explain the mathematical equation and the application of the International Phonetic Alphabet that has created a Moebius twist to enable the unique Colour-coded Reading and Writing System, which forces a U-Turn on the complex nature of the alphabetic principle.
The colour-coded system functions in varying degrees of exposure and merges in tandem with the current English orthography without distorting the spelling form or scripted form of written words in English. Because the system is based on the mathematical equation and the foundations of IPA, the unique colour-coded orthography can be applied to any language that is supported by the International Phonetic Alphabet and, at the same time, has the ability to preserve oral and scripted languages becoming extinct.
This work has resulted in Reading in Colour (RiC) which comprises:
1. the unique colour-coded reading and writing system or the colour-coded orthography
2. the Regulated Sound/Spelling Relationship Theorem based on the mathematical equation.
3. the cognitive-conceptual based teaching methodology that transcends the Phonic approach
and the Whole Language approach to literacy acquisition.
4. A brief introductory activity will be demonstrated time permitting.